We, Swift Mortages Ltd (FSP293106), are authorised Financial Advice Provider (FAP) under the New Zealand Financial Services Group (NZFSG) licensed by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advise.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ADVICE
Nature and scope of Financial Advice Services we can provide includes:
- Home Loans
- Construction Loans
- Investment Property Loans
- Asset Finance Loans
- Business Loans
- Commercial Property Loans
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
For loan products, we work with the following lenders:
- Bank of New Zealand
- The Co-operative Bank
- SBS Bank
- RESIMAC Home Loans
- DBR Property Financiers
- Avanti Finance
For Life and Health Insurance products, we work with following Insurance Providers:
- Partners Life
- Fidelity Life
- Asteron Life
- nib Health Insurance
Any financial or insurance advice that we provide to our clients is based on the information of their personal and financial situation. Therefore, it is imperative that they provide a full disclosure of their financial, personal and health situations accurately.
FEES OR COMMISION
The financial advice that we provide to our clients is at no cost to the client.
Upon settlement of a loan or signing of an insurance policy, the provider whose product that we have provided advice on pays us a commission. Commission is calculated on percentage of loan drawdown or premium of the insurance policy. From time to time the product providers may reward us with other incentives.
Commission received from the product providers is used to remunerate Financial Adviser who provides the advice and cover for the operating expenses of our business.
From this commission, we also pay a monthly fee to New Zealand Financial Services Group (NZFSG) for their license under which we are authorised to operate, and for the services and support that they provide us.
Our advice to our clients is unbiased and is in the best interest of our clients, based on their needs and requirements.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
We manage the conflict of interest by:
- Always recommending the product best suited for the purpose of our clients regardless of type and amount of commission we receive.
- Ensuring the amount of loan is in accordance with our clients identified needs.
- Following an advice process that ensures we understand our clients needs and goals so that we can always recommend the best product to our client regardless of the type and amount of commission we will receive.
- Providing our clients with a schedule showing commission amounts and type by product provider. This schedule is contained within each Financial Adviser’s personalised Disclosure Guide.
- By undergoing annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest and ensuring that all our Financial Advisers are up-to-date with any changes and requirements.
- We maintain register of conflicts and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.
COMPLAINTS PROCESS AND DISPUTES RESOLUTION PROCESS
If you have a complaint or concern about our financial advice or service that we have provided you, we will prefer if you can talk to us first. Our phone contact # is 09 215 8807 or email email@example.com.
Please state the nature of your complaint clearly, and the resolution you are seeking. We will acknowledge receipt of this within 24 hours. We will then record your complaint in our Complaints Register and will work with you to resolve your complaint. We may want to meet with you to better understand your issues. We will provide an answer to you within 7 working days of receiving your complaint.
If we cannot agree on a resolution you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution service. This service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you.
Details of this service are:
Financial Dispute Resolution Service
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0508 337 337
Swift Mortgages Ltd, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.